Our Staff

Our History

Sacred Heart Area School was founded in September 1914 to provide a Catholic education to the rapidly growing population in Staples.  The school, church, and parish center originally shared the same wood frame building on the current school site.  In 1917, the current brick church was built, while the school remained in the original wood frame building.  In 1924, this facility had become too small to handle the vastly increased enrollment, so it was decided to build a new brick school building on the original site.  Although there have been many changes over the years, this is the same school building that’s still in use today.  Our school has a long history of academic excellence and holds a prominent place in area parishes and the community.

Sacred Heart offers a variety of student activities: